Monday, January 17, 2011

Building a DollHouse: Blueprints

As a first generation American, the third child of immigrants, many ideas were drilled into my head. The three most, shall we say "constructive", ones are: 1) be your own boss and own your own business (although being a physician in a hospital was allowed), 2) if you must borrow money, better to do so from family than from a bank, and 3) own your house free and clear and nobody can take it away from you. Despite some other more colorful world-views, these three concept still ring true after all these years.

I've always wanted to own my own studio whether it was dance, Yoga, or Gyrotonic®. I've worked as an independent contractor in so many of them, I thought that it was high time to strike out on my own. In 2010, I decided that I would open a pole dance studio. The only problem was: where? We were living in Santa Fe, NM, knew we weren't going to stay, and we were trying to decide where we wanted to put down some roots. Aha! Boulder, CO! There was lots of hiking, we all loved the mountains, there are roughly 300 days of sunshine, the public school systems were excellent, and maybe best yet, the market for pole fitness was virtually untapped.

And then I hooked up with Miss M! She is a dynamo of a woman, with super duper brains, the body of a goddess and the face of a model. She shares my vision of creating a space for women to discover their self power through the funnest medium we know: pole dancing. Miss M and I are a great fit for one another. Areas in which I'm weak, she's strong, and vice versa. I think this is going to be a beautiful partnership.

Now all we need is space...

No comments:

Post a Comment